InSkill can digitize the process of doing inspections, sometimes called rounds & readings. The purpose of the task is to capture inputs like tank pressure or number of operations, and to verify that the inspector has checked the condition of various parts of the equipment. Each time this task is run, there is a record of the user, time and date, and the asset. Additionally the user observations are captured and can be entered in a CMMS system etc. A Script can run at the end of each inspection that compares the observations to data in the asset, such as setpoints. A Script can also send the data to external systems or make calculations of the data.
This simple inspection task will just ask the user for some readings or rate the condition of something. It could have photo observation to capture a picture of a part each inspection. Or if the condition of a part is rated "poor", then take a picture.
An alternate way to get readings or current state is to use a photo observation with a photo processing that pulls data from the picture. You may be able to get the data using some pictures of the equipment user interface.
The general sequence of an Inspection Task for a pool and pump may be:
- Info Step: make sure the pump is on and stabilized after priming
- Observation Step: ask for the pressure reading from the gauge on top of the tank, as a number
- Information Step: explain how to wet a water test strip for 5 seconds in the pool water then shake it off
- Observation Step: ask for the PH value from the strip
- Observation Step: ask for the Chlorine value from the strip
- Observation Step: ask for the Hardness value from the strip
- Observation Step: rate the pool water from a list "clear", "cloudy", "green (algae)"
At the end of this task, a Script can set data in the pool asset and send a notification if the readings show a problem. The pool asset should have a tank pressure that indicates when its time to clean the filter. If the pressure reading goes over that limit, send a notification that the filter needs to be removed and cleaned. This limit is per pool filter and flow rate, because they all have different limits that indicate a dirty filter.
Updated about 1 month ago